- This event has passed.
The Sandwich Generation- Intergenerational Living
September 21, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Legal Risks and Opportunities for Living with Parents and Paying for Nursing Homes
Attorney Dave Nesbit will discuss legal options for intergenerational living arrangements done to preserve the home and family wealth, including:
- When and how to consider a life estate deed.
- Opportunities and pitfalls of intra-family property occupancy and conveyance including, room and board agreements, rent to own, promissory note issues, putting children’s names on house deeds, determining fair market value, use of caregiver agreements, and caregiver exception transfers.
- What are the filial responsibility risks for the non-participating sibling?
- What is the fiduciary risk if the child who is a co-occupant is also the agent under a POA?
- What strategies remain to preserve the home and family wealth if the parent is in the
Seminars are planned for 10:00am, 2:00pm and/or 7:15pm. Please call 717-697-3223 to confirm times and to register.