- This event has passed.
The Sandwich Generation – Caregiving Tips and Options
September 14, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 amFree
Overview of Caring for Aging Parents
Karen E. Kaslow, RN, BSN, who is Keystone Elder Law’s care coordinator, will use visual charts and anecdotal stories to explain:
- How an older person’s need for caregiving help with activities of daily living increases
with age and frailty.
- How to identify a danger zone when a catastrophic incident could cause a need for long-
term or permanent nursing care.
- Various levels of care and options for receiving it.
- The cost of obtaining care and possible resources to provide for it.
- What Medicare does and does not pay for in relation to long-term care needs.
- The basics of long-term care insurance, and when to submit a claim if you are insured.
Seminars are planned for 10:00am, 2:00pm, and or 5:00pm. Please call 717-697-3223 to confirm times and to register