- This event has passed.
The Sandwich Generation – Preemptive Estate Planning
September 7, 2017 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pmFree
Preemptive Estate Planning Strategies, Essential Legal Documents, and Avoidable Pitfalls
Attorney Jessica Greene, CELA,* LL.M. in Elder Law will explain how helping to plan now can avoid financial stress and complications later:
- Why are too many power of attorney documents surprisingly useless when trying to preserve assets at a time of crisis?
- How should an agent be appointed if one child is better with a checkbook and another is better with medical issues?
- Why is a parent’s revocable living trust not as helpful as they might expect?
- What are the limitations of a pre-nuptial agreement with long-term care needs in second marriages?
- What is the purpose of a trust, the right time to create it, and the best asset to put in it?
- What is the risk of a parent funding a grandchild’s college education since the accountant said up to $14,000 to any person should be OK and not reportable to the government?
- Under what circumstances must a child pay for a parent’s care, and how can planning prevent that?
Seminars planned for 2:00pm and/or 7:00pm. Please call 717-697-3223 to confirm times and to register
*Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the National Elder Law Foundation as authorized by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court