Special Needs Planning

Planning for a loved one with intellectual and developmental disabilities is not a small feat. Making sure that you have the right plans in place for the present and the future can be stressful and time-consuming. At Keystone Elder Law P.C., we help people plan for loved ones with intellectual and developmental disabilities in such a way that you and your loved one feel reassured. There is a reason that our phone number spells MY PEACE. We use various tools to help you plan for your loved one and help find funding to afford great care now and in the future. For example, if you were to pass away and leave everything in your will to your developmentally disabled grandchild who receives government benefits, depending on the type of benefit, that inheritance would probably make your grandchild ineligible for that government benefit. Through the use of a special needs trust, Keystone can help you make sure the above scenario does not happen. We also help people plan for the present. If you are currently receiving a government benefit and acquire a lump sum of money (either from a law suit settlement or an inheritance), Keystone can work with you to maintain your eligibility for that government benefit.

Keystone has a Care Coordinator on staff who is available to provide education, support, and advocacy for our clients. If you are caring for your loved one at home and require additional assistance, or are thinking about future care needs, our Care Coordinator (who is a registered nurse) can provide guidance and insight about available health care services and help formulate a plan to access those services.

For additional information or questions, give us a call at 717-697-3223.

Now available for purchase!

Long Term Care Guide